Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On the road

Well, we left on Monday morning for our journey westward. Ben, Aaron and I are driving to Vancouver as Aaron goes to UBC and my flight is out of the Vancity airport. Ben will then fly back home to Toronto so he can figure stuff out and actually book his ticket so he can meet me in Australia.

Day 1 was pretty tame, not much to speak of as we passed through a really boring part of Ontario and then Michigan on our way to the suburbs of Chicago to stay with some family friends of Aaron.

Day 2 was a bit more exciting as it began with a visit to Nordstrum Rack. For those of you who were like me and don't know what that is, Nordstrum is some sweet department store and the "Rack" stores have their left over stuff on for dirt cheap. Like Hugo Boss dress shirts for 35 bucks, or Nike shox for $50. It was heaven for Ben and Aaron although 2/3 of us agree we overstayed our welcome. No Best Buy trip or outdoors stores allowed apparently (although there is speak of going to one this morning after hitting another "Rack") So that was Illinois. My camera was buried so no pictures, sorry. We didn't go to downtown Chicago anyway.

This is our little Garmin GPS that Ben brought along. So long map books, I gotta get me one of these!

Welcome to Wisconsin (I don't know how to rotate the pic on this mac, so tilt your head)
I took my camera out to take pictures of stuff in Wisconsin but other than some indoor waterparks there was nothing to photograph.... my first and last time in this state? maybe.

Aaron holding down the backseat. This really is the best seat in the car. (more on this later)

Benjamin driving and ipodding? Pure talent

Minneapolis through the windshield! "The city where the bridge broke" (I don't know what it's actually known for)

The states is alright if you like that sort of thing but I'm anxious to get back to Canada! (so is Ben)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob, Ben and Aaron. Thanks for the updates. Mom has a few pictures that
she wants sent to you,taken as you "pushed off". I'll send to your e-mail.


PS That picture of Aaron.....scary