Friday, September 28, 2007

This and That

The Fiji experience concludes tomorrow morning when I fly to Auckland but here are a few random stories.

1. Everyone else was complaining about the mosquitoes the whole time and there were bug nets in all the dorms on the islands clearly they had never experienced the Canadian wilderness. I actually can tell you that I saw MAYBE 5 mosquitoes the whole time I was there. In the summer in Canadia sometimes they are so bad that you can hear the hum outisde of your tent from the millions that want to eat you. I never used the bugnets and just slept ontop of the sheets.

2. Establishments in Fiji are WAY overstaffed. I went into the Nadi Town yesterday and into this store, like a department store, and was literally asking the staff to move so I could look at something, there were so many people it was ridiculous. Same with the resorts, there locals just hanging around that would kind of do work sometimes but most of the time just hang around and outnumber the guests.

3. After the completion of our cross country trek Aaron, Ben and I stopped and had breakfast at the Zen Cafe in Vancouver. I thought it would be funny to send them postcards from all the places I'm going. They have no idea who I am but will be getting these cards from some guy named "Rob" for a while. Maybe I'll stop in on my way home and say hi.

No comments: