Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cairns, the city on the surface of the sun

I remember back a few years ago when my parents came to Australia my mom kept talking about how hot it was and I was like "ya, ya, I get it, it's hot". Now I find myself doing the exact same thing, constantly talking about how hot it is. Walking down the street I dodge from shadow to shadow and love to walk by storefronts with the doors open as you get a nice breeze of air conditioning. Jeremy and I went fishing with a few Germans and Belgian the other day, here are some pics.


A sunken ship, there were a bunch of these. Apparently Queensland is the place to dump a boat if you don't want it anymore.

nice stuff


Sick Cat!

One of the girls (below) caught a bird in her line after it went after her baitfish.

The blue salmon Sarah caught. We later ate it and it was delicious despite a hackjob while cleaning it.


Here's my catch, it was probably the hardest fighting fish I've ever caught. yes! (A Giant Turbelli)


Jeremy's minnow


These huge eagles kept a close eye on things and this one went after a fish someone was reeling in. Cool!

No comments: