Monday, October 8, 2007

Cairns

One thing is for sure, this town is HOT. It's 30 degrees here everyday and I haven't seen a cloud since I got here on thursday. Yesterday a bunch of us piled in a camper van and went to the beach. After an hour of practically sitting on the sun it was so hot I hid in the shade for a couple hours. It doesn't seem as sticky as back home despite being beisde the Pacific. I'm currently staying in the YHA (Youth Hostel Asscociation) in town which has proven to be really fun. There are a lot of Germans and a large Canadian contingent as well. There is a salt water pool in the courtyard along with a pool table and a plethora of palm trees.

Upon getting there late after my flight from Brisbane I crawled into bed and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I saw that the person occupying the bunk below was one of the oldest people I had ever seen. Rumor has it he is 94!!


This was the only picture I could snap without feeling bad. He's really old though.
Beach road trip pictures below.




Team Germany suntanning.


This is supposed to say AUSTrALiA 2007 but it's hard to read. whatever.

No comments: